Saturday, July 7, 2012

Family

Just an example of the fun sign I made with my mother-in-law's nifty cricut. I really don't use it enough, but those cartridges are just so darn expensive. Although they do go on sale a lot. I made this as a gift for a friend. Basically it is just a 1x12x8 that I bought at Lowe's for $11. I was able to have my husband cut it into a bunch of smaller boards. This one is roughly 1x12x30". The black lettering is just vinyl that is sold with the cricut stuff in the craft section of walmart, and the white lettering is just contact paper. That's what I had around the house. I primed the board with some primer leftover from priming our fence and then I covered it in lavender acrylic paint. Done. I would be pretty excited to get it as a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment